2007-07-05

Mall Shooting

So last Saturday my family and I went to Park Place Mall (in Tucson) to see a movie. I was quite upset to find brand new "no weapons" signs on all the entrances of the mall. I visit there often and I have never seen them before. My wife visits there several times a week, and this was the first time she had seen them as well. They were brand new.

After I got home, during my hour-long rant about the signs, I kept saying "there will be a shooting." That's what "no weapons" signs do. They invite criminals to actually start shooting because they know no one will be able to stop them. I also kept saying that criminals simply don't care about the signs.

Well wouldn't you know it, the very next day there was a shooting. THE NEXT DAY. Less than 24 hours after I predicted it. And there was no way that could have happened if the criminal had actually cared enough to pay attention to the sign. THEY NEVER DO.

I was right, I was right, I was right, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I will never go to that mall again until the signs come down. Neither will I allow my family to go there. Thank God that no one was killed, but next time the victim(s) may not be so lucky. And because of those signs, I simply won't be there to stop the bad guy. Neither will anyone else. The perp will have full reign over the mall, because the good guys who could stop him won't be there, because that's what the owners want.

If I had been the one shot, I'd own that mall by now. I'd bet the owners never thought of that- getting sued because you disarmed someone... They better start, because it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home