2005-11-15

Kel-Tec P3AT

I recently got a Kel-Tec P3AT. So far I have mixed feelings.

Pros:

-The size is great. It's amazing how easy this thing is to conceal. With a pocket holster it fits very nicely in my back pocket, and is in no way uncomfortable. My wallet prints more than this thing does.

-There are other guns that small, but nothing as powerful as a .380. At next best is a .32 that is a similar size.

-7 rounds in a gun that small!

Cons:
-I have had 4 malfunctions in my first 100 rounds. 3 failures to eject and 1 failure to load. I am going to have to give the gun the benefit of the doubt though. The failure to load was because the magazine ejected. The magazine catch needed some breaking-in, and as a result was not seated properly. I believe that it is better now. The 3 failures to eject were a real concern though. I believe that the problem here might be a "limp-wristing" type problem. The firearm is so small that it is difficult to hold onto it in order to keep it from rotating upward. I will have to go through another 100 rounds focusing hard on hanging on and see if the issue improves.

-It's only a .380. I might end up just pissing off someone who was ready to kill me to begin with.

Conclusion:

This is a sweet little backup/deep-concealment gun. It is a bad choice as a primary carry weapon. I carry it only when I really can't afford to be seen with a gun (places like the mall- not posted, but if they ever ask me not to carry there then I have to obey and I would prefer not to press the issue). All other times I carry my Beretta and the Kel-Tec.

I have a photo, I'll post it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home